Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sushi Wednesday


Sushi with Salmon Roe
Originally uploaded by Kirti Poddar
I would like to take this moment to thank whoever invented sushi. I don't know why, how, or when someone thought to wrap delicious fish and veggies in rice and dried seaweed...but I would like to thank him/her for thinking outside of the box. Sometimes the idea of going out to sushi is the only thing getting me through the day.

The only thing that would make sushi better would be if Don liked sushi. (And maybe if it were not so expensive, and maybe if I also had a bigger stomach that would enable me to eat more sushi...a fact Elisabeth and I were lamenting at our last sushi night.) Maybe I can convince the chef tonight to wrap a mozzarella stick or a rib in some rice and pawn it off as sushi to Don. If Denny's gets to put mozzarella sticks in a grilled cheese sandwich, I am sure it can be put into a sushi roll. All we would need would be a little Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce on the side, and maybe, just maybe, Don would like sushi.

Little does he know that all we are having at our wedding is sushi...

No comments:

Post a Comment