Wednesday, October 13, 2010

100 Guests???

I have a secret to admit. I have been procrastinating a little bit in getting in touch with Disney to confirm the date. The main reason is that my parents and I have differing opinions on the amount of guests that should be attending my wedding. (And by my parents I mean cough cough Linda Prager cough cough). I envision a smaller wedding, while my mom thinks we need to invite everyone I have ever met and she has ever met in our entire lives. So I might be exaggerating a wee bit, but figuring out a guest total has stalled this process on my end.

You cannot reserve a Disney wedding before one year out. So since I want a December 12, 2011 wedding, I cannot put in my name for that date until December 12th of this year. But in order to reserve the chapel and ballrooms, I need a guest estimate so that we are booked into the appropriately sized room. If I had my vision, it would just be Don and I, our parents, and the small bridal party. Seriously, I actually would love a smaller, more intimate, more extravagant setting. More of a quality over quantity type of situation.

But alas, my mother is vicariously living through this wedding and insists we invite my grandma, aunts, and cousins. (kidding mom) In reality, we have had a few fights about the guest total, but we have come to a mutual understanding at this point.

So long story short, today I finally contacted Stacey at Disney Weddings to tell her that we are sure that we want the wedding in Disney next December. I told her to keep all of the other details the same from the original "faux" contract, and that our guest attendance would be 50-100. I cc-ed my dad on the email.

Here is his response:

100 guests?

My reply:

Blame your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment