Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Disney Deprived/Fall Break in Chi-Town

Don and I have been in a Disney mood as of late. Essentially...we are Disney-deprived. It has been almost 8 months since we have set foot in the Magic Kingdom. If I could give up my dream of becoming a lawyer and having a family, I would be down in Florida within a week serving popcorn on Main Street or cleaning toilets next to Space Mountain. Seriously, I would happily be one of those people pushing the road cleaner machines around before and after the parades; I would happily make barely above minimum wage; I would happily take advantage of all the wonderful perks of working for Disney...if I did not have a family and future to think of.

Enough Disney lamenting. Don and I are going back to Disney in early January! Just the knowledge that we are going back is going to propel me through the rest of this year. I am seriously going to kiss the Disney-ground when I get there, I am so happy right now. The day Don and I decided to make another trip down there, and booked a cheap vacation thanks to Orbitz, we found these awesome pumpkins.

We were up in Chicago for fall break spending some time with his mom. We went to a pumpkin patch, and I saw this booth with awesome painted pumpkins. Que funny situation: We walk up to this booth to look at the pumpkins. The lady running the stand looks at my UofL law shirt, then looks at Don's Great American Insurance polo, pauses and says...could you guys look after the stand for a few minutes while I get this little girl a pony? Apparently if you wear shirts suggesting you are involved in a successful career it makes you more respectable. I wonder what happens if you wear a presidential seal polo around all day....

BTW...Don is the goofy pumpkin and I am the Snow White pumpkin....just in case anyone was wondering about whether he picked out the princess pumpkin...

Chicago was great. A lot of awesome Chicago food was consumed. Great restaurants like Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and McDonalds...we even ventured to the great Chicago culinary experience that is Popeyes. We did have Portillos once, and picked up some great local bagels so that might balance out the meals in Chicago's favor.

It was also fun to spend time with Stella. Note to her sisters: you won't be seeing her for a while because all her free time will be spent quilting me various quilts, table runners, aprons, snuggies for Cody...she has no time free time for anything other than making me beautiful quilts. ;) Sadly enough, Don and I have already purchased two Winnie the Pooh fabrics in anticipation of a Winnie the Pooh quilt for our first child...or one for me...I like Pooh too...

We can't wait to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with Stella. She is going to be a traveling lady this holiday season. First, she will be visiting us in Cincinnati for Thanksgiving so we can take her to the best ice cream store in the universe. (And also so I can make a lovely Thanksgiving dinner using only Stella's recipes so that Don doesn't complain that I made the food differently than his mommy.) Then she is flying down to South Carolina on her birthday to spend Christmas with us and meet my family! I don't know if I am more excited for the holidays or for Disney...probably Disney. Sorry turkey, mashed potatoes, and Christmas tree...maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment