Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Shopping at Hobby Lobby is better than Homework


Don and I went to Red Lobster for lunch. Note to our future children or any family members ever in dire need of Don's help: you will not come before cheddar biscuits. If he had to choose between taking you to school (future Jacob Eli - and yes mom, we still like that name) and eating cheddar biscuits, cheddar biscuits will always win.

After 2 rounds of cheddar biscuits, I decide that we should go over to Hobby Lobby to get a fall wreath for out door. Apparently cheap plastic gourds/pumpkins and fake leaves on a round of twigs are very expensive. So we went to plan B. We decided to buy a wreath later, and find a nice Halloween/Thanksgiving centerpiece for the table. Yeah...cheap plastic pumpkins/gourds and fake leaves in a vase are just as expensive as when they are attached to a wreath.

I decide that this is a great time for a design project since all the individual fall items are on sale for all those crafty people out in the world. We found this really awesome metal wire cornucopia frame with a leaf design. Somehow all the random leaves and shiny ball twigs I picked out looked really good when I put them together!

And of course the moral of the story is that after we bought all the items to make the centerpiece, it ended up being almost as expensive as one of the pre-made centerpieces. But this one has the added benefit of stroking my ego every time I walk by the kitchen table. (And I think that it looks better than the ones they were selling...)

5 comments:

  1. Very nice job with your centerpiece! It turned out great.
    Aunt Patrice

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW you can make those biscuits at home using Bisquick, buttermilk, cheddar cheese, parsley flakes and garlic butter. Want the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Aunt Patrice, how do you post an "Anonymous said .." comment and then sign it "Aunt Patrice".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that if Don ever sees your comment he will be very mad if I did not get the recipe from you. He eats cheddar biscuits like some people eat popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok the answer to your question is...........
    I posted as anonymous and typed Aunt Patrice underneath what I wrote.

    I'll e-mail the recipe to you.

    ReplyDelete